“I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.”~ Lisa Kleypas, Blue Eyed Devil
If Your Friend/Significant Other/ Philosopher Or Guide does any or all of these things.. Never Ever Let them go:
- Calming Influence : Even a Well Balanced person occasionally loses their cool. We all have the ability at times to become very emotional and tense owing to sometimes intrinsic reasons and sometimes because of what’s going on around us and we cant quite control it. If you’re feeling anxiety, rage, sadness or just heavy stress, a person who can see you struggling and knows how to COMFORT you is a definite keeper
- Understanding Your Humour: Laughter is an essential part of life, not only as a delightful cherry-on-top during good times, but also as a way of coping when things are hard or going badly. If you have someone in your life who understands your particular brand of HUMOUR and can share, compliment and have fun in the laughter with you, hold on tight!
- Common Interests/Hobbies: Everyone needs some HOBBIES in their life. The Fun and leisure activities we do outside of work and career allow us to unwind and release stress and tensions that build up from the pressures of the daily grind.When your Friend can be a part of these passions and activities and enjoy them right along with you, everybody wins.
- Mutual Respect: Respect for each other is the cornerstone of any good bond and relationship. It is built by honesty, reliability and trust. If both can truly RESPECT each other as people, even in the heat of a difficult argument or stubborn disagreement, the relationship will be Strong and almost unbreakable.
- Accountability: In a Friendship, One should always do their best to support the other and embrace whatever their Friend chooses to do, but sometimes the best and healthiest way to support someone is to be HONEST with them and call a spade.. A Spade. A True Friend would never lie to you simply to spare your feelings or avoid confrontation. If someone really loves you, they’ll call you on your Possible Mistakes, and if you really love them back, you should be receptive to their criticism and know that it comes from True caring and concern.
“When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.”~ Jess C. Scott, The Intern